Resources in your environment have identifying information associated with them, known as tags. Tags indicate that a resource belongs to a particular category. We use tags to organize and filter resources into logical groups for monitoring, remediation...etc. In Shoreline, these logical groups are called dimensions. Up to 7 tags can be selected to create a dimension.
Once you have selected your dimensions, you can also specify the parent/child hierarchy of how the resources are displayed.
Here is how you configure dimensions:
Create a Dimension
2. At the bottom of Dimensions and Hierarchies, click the + sign
3. In the Create new dimension or hierarchy pane, select up to 7 dimensions under Available tags
4. In the Hierarchy pane, you can drag and drop the tags to change the order
5. Click Create and you will see the new dimension listed under Dimensions and Hierarchies
Edit a Dimension
2. Add new dimensions (up to 7 total) or rearrange them
3. Click Update
Delete a Dimension
2. Click the - sign
3. Confirm by clicking Yes, remove